- Sensory systems continue developing. Lips are sensitive, baby may stick out tongue.
- Eyelashes and eyebrows are well formed.
- Permanent teeth buds are apparent in the gums.
- Baby can now hear and recognize mother’s voice, breathing and heartbeat.
- Baby weighs about 1¼ pounds and measures about 12 inches from head to heel.
- Breathing motions may occur up to 44 times per minute. The lungs produce a substance necessary for breathing after birth.
- Sudden, loud noises may trigger a blink-startle response, which may increase movement, heart rate, and swallowing.
- Baby weighs almost 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches from head to heel.