In NH, we are blessed with an Executive Council: 5 elected representatives who review and approve (along with the Governor) significant government expenditures and contracts. They are a line of defense against unethical and illegal spending.
Next Wednesday, they will vote on a $300,000 no-bid, retroactive, illegal subsidy to three abortion vendors [full request here].
Please call and email your Executive Councilor and the Governor immediately (see below) to ask him/her to oppose item 9J at their Sept 15 meeting!
- It is unethical to force the many life-loving NH citizens to subsidize organizations that intentionally kill human life.
- It is bad government policy to award retroactive, no-bid contracts.
- It’s against the law:
- 2021’s HB2, Section 91:36 starts with “No state funds shall be awarded by the department of health and human services to a reproductive health care facility”.
- The NH Dept of Health and Human services has not done annual policy audits of Planned Parenthood provided for in the last five years’ of state contracts nor have they submitted a financial audit required by RSA 7:28(III-b).
- This could lead to costly litigation for the state.
- Planned Parenthood has previously used NH taxpayer money to pay the expenses of an abortion clinic building and salaries of people to lobby for greater abortion access in Vermont!