We work and pray diligently to rescue babies at the abortuaries, provide help to girls and women with crisis pregnancies, influence politicians and voters, change laws, and close abortuaries. However, the ultimate solution is to change the hearts of all the people involved. This is spiritual warfare with the devil himself.
Our young men and women in the armed forces know all about warfare. Every day they train to become physically and mentally strong so that they are ready when called upon. Many of us run, jog, walk, cycle, or workout at the gym to become stronger. Instead of listening to jazzy exercise music or watching television at the gym, we need to add a spiritual component to our exercise program to prepare us for spiritual warfare which is going on 24/7 all year long.
For a number of years I have used my daily walks as prayer time. I frequently use the Rosary or the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Lately the Lord has impressed on me the need to pray for all our pastors, the good ones, who need support, and the not so good ones, who need a lot of prayer. I have prepared the following intentions that I add to each decade.
- For all pastors who boldly lead their flocks in living the gospel of life, that their witness will be a challenge to their fellow pastors.
- For all timid pastors, who fear upsetting those in their flock who have strayed from living the gospel of life, that they respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, and boldly and compassionately lead their flocks in living the gospel of life.
- For all pastors more concerned about church finances than the spiritual welfare of their flocks, that they may hear God’s innocent pre-born children calling out for mercy, reform their lives, and boldly lead their flocks in living the gospel of life.
- For all who have strayed so far from living the gospel of life that they can’t hear their pastor’s voice, that God will send someone into their lives to lead them back to His redeeming love.
- For all the false prophets who desecrate God’s word by teaching their flock that it is OK to murder God’s innocent pre-born children, that they may see the children’s blood on their hands, throw themselves at the foot of the cross, and beg for mercy while they still have time. (Jer 23:1-2)
If God leads you to additional intentions please share them in the comments to this blog post.